This spring before launching swimming pool I decided to build an automated sun water heater which should heat the water during the sunny days.Continue reading “Sun Heater for Swimming Pool”
The goal of this project is to add an ability to remotely control Webasto heater in my vehicle.
In my previous post I created new version of IR transmitter for air conditioner but didn’t explain the process of reverse engineering chinese IR remote for air conditioner.
Couple of days ago I decided to create new one IR controller for my air-conditioner and make it more professional, smaller and reliable.
I used schematics from my previous project but simplified it by removing DH22 temperature sensor and decided to improve schematics by using my base circuit with additional pull-up and pull-down resistors and capacitors for ESP chip stability.
Just completed soldering stable version of weather station based on ESP8266, it measures temperature and humidity using DHT22 sensor and also luminosity.
Below you can see my main circuit which I use in my projects. Based on my experience I’d suggest that this is most of the stablest version.
Also attached original Expressif Design Guide
Recently I built the second revision of my pulse counter to measure power consumption in my house.
The version is using plastic box and installed to DIN rail, it also has interface to re-programm ESP chip and reset button.
In this post I want to share my knowledge about device which now controls my air conditioner and allows me remotely through my home automation system control temperature.
In this post I want to show my current status of the project and what I achieved. Below you able to see my main screen of home control panel, the similar screen also available through mobile phone and I can manage my home devices remotely through internet. Wow, future is here!
As a many others enthusiasts I’ve started my game from existing hardware solution and I bought couple of Sonoff modules from China.
When I received my modules I even didn’t want to use their solution and immediately flashed them to NodeMCU and then uploaded my Lua code. They worked stable and switched my floor lamps in the house, but using NodeMCU I wasn’t able to use reliable Over The Air (OTA) updates and also was hard to bring easy way to initial setup of the device. Finally I decided to switch to native C and Android Studio, it was simple for me as I have huge experience in different programming languages.
Now those devices works on my own firmware, have initial mode to setup them and connect to MQTT server. The button on device allows manually switch light if you are not able to use application. The same button is using to clear settings of device and make initial setup again in cases when you changed your MQTT server or WiFi credentials.
Here is an Arduino code